Senior Cloud Data Engineer
As an employee, you Turn Change Into Value® - for our clients, for our company, for your professional growth, for the consumers. We hire the best and brightest, who are driven to create lasting value. At xScion, you aren't just another team member, you're impactful. You're empowered. You're driven. You're an xScioneer.
Location: Remote (United States)
As a Senior Cloud Data Engineer, You Will:
Support our Public Sector customers, primarily focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining cloud-based solutions using the latest AWS services and tools. This role requires a dynamic individual capable of managing multiple projects, upholding compliance guidelines, and ensuring data integrity across multi-region cloud setups.
- AWS Management: Utilize AWS cloud services to design, architect and support cloud data solutions that align with company objectives and client needs
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Develop, deploy, and maintain infrastructure pipelines using Terraform, ensuring smooth CI/CD processes
- Compliance Management: Work alongside our compliance team to ensure all cloud solutions adhere to multi-compliance guidelines
- Python Development: Write clean, scalable, and effective Python code, employing multi-threading techniques to enhance performance and efficiency
- Data Validation: Use SQL queries to verify, analyze, and ensure data integrity and accuracy across all cloud solutions
- Multi-region Cloud Deployment: Design and maintain data cloud solutions across multiple AWS regions ensuring high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
To Be Successful, You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience). Masters degree preferred
- 7+ years experience as a Data Engineer or a similar role
- Proven experience working with AWS cloud services
- Expertise in building and deploying IaC using Terraform
- Strong experience in working with multi-compliance guidelines (Fed Ramp, GovCloud, NIST)
- Proficiency in Python with a keen understanding of multi-threading
- Solid experience with SQL for data validation
- Hands-on experience with multi-region cloud deployments and related best practices
- US Citizenship required.
- We have an amazing culture– We were named a Best Places to Work in Virginia 7 times, including 2023.
- We are poised for rapid growth– We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in Financial Services, Healthcare, Nonprofit and Public Sector and continuously welcome new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development– We invest in our teams’ development, including our Communities of Practice, technology partnerships, sandbox and paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to collectively being the best at what we do.
- We want you to make an impact in whatever you do– Our people are given the opportunity to provide impactful change to our clients and team.
- We believe in equality - As a woman-owned organization, we believe in an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone’s uniqueness makes us stronger.
- Great Benefits: Medical, dental, 401(k) match, flexible spending and more, but we also have unique perks such as up to 27 days off a year (including your birthday!), remote work opportunities, parental leave, wellness benefits and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming RegTech Organizations:
At xScion, we Turn Change Into Value. We help clients in highly regulated industries start or accelerate their digital transformation initiatives by shifting their mindset and goals into smaller, actionable steps that create lasting value. With more than 20 years of experience supporting Regulatory Technology (RegTech), xScion provides both domain experts and tailored solutions to help organizations navigate complex compliance and technology requirements. We specialize in Business Agility, Cloud Transformation and Organizational Change Management solutions for clients in Financial Services, Public Sector, Nonprofits and Healthcare. Our experts help prepare and create change to clients’ processes, technology and culture in order to improve operational efficiencies and the customer experience. As a certified Woman-Owned Small Business, we are proud to be the most trusted solutions partner that business and technology leaders count on to deliver lasting, impactful value.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. xScion takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.