Year 6 Teacher - Elite Cambridge Primary School
Wayman Education is working with a vibrant and fun primary school based in Cambridge seeking a proactive and emotionally intelligent Year 6 teacher.
The children are hardworking, caring, inquisitive and imaginative and the staff here aspire to develop well-rounded, confident pupils through a supportive pastoral environment, as a result we are seeking a primary teacher who knows how to drive attainment and create engaging lessons.
Interviews will be happening on a rolling basis over the next two weeks, so don't hesitate, get in touch today to find out more!
Responsibilities of a Year 6 teacher:
- As a Year 6 teacher you will be responsible for the pastoral care of children taking their final steps in Key stage 2, promoting teamwork, and cultivating a conducive learning environment.
- Teaching the Key stage 2 curriculum to groups of children while also focusing on each individual child's learning targets, encouraging their strengths, and improving their weaknesses
- Further developing maths ability and introducing fractions, statistics, and geometry
- Help children develop their writing ability by creating plots, characters and settings for stories.
- Keeping track of children's progress and occasionally reporting back to parents
About the school:
- 2 form entry school located in a lovely residential area
- Friendly environment that welcomes early career teachers (ECTs) with open arms
- As well as academic excellence, this school aspires to develop well-rounded, confident pupils through its supportive pastoral environment.
Suitable applicants must have:
- Relevant qualifications (Experienced teachers as well as ECTs are welcome to apply)
- Be able to commute to Cambridge on a daily basis
- Experience teaching Upper Key stage 2.
- The confidence to hit the ground running, proactively lead a class and manage behaviour in line with school behaviour policies.
Wayman Education is a specialist recruitment agency with over 20 years of experience within the education field. We have worked hard to establish our reputation with our clients as one of the most reliable teaching agencies through our core values of honesty and customer excellence. We work closely with a large array of Nurseries, Primary schools and secondary schools and specialise in long-term and permanent recruitment.
If this Year 6 teacher role sounds interesting to you then get in touch today!