Security & Compliance Engineer (Remote US)
Uptime.com is a dynamic tech company in the website monitoring space. Our mission is to ensure seamless digital experiences for our clients' users. As we continue to expand and serve a diverse range of clients, we recognize the critical importance of maintaining data privacy and security. We are currently seeking a dedicated Security & Compliance Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance, mitigating risks, and safeguarding our clients' trust.
Role Overview: As a Data Privacy and Security Engineer at Uptime.com, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest standards of data privacy and security. This is a remote role (US and Canada) working with highly talented engineers, to lay the security foundations in a very fast moving environment.
You will have come from a software engineering background, have a 'build before buy' mentality and will extremely comfortable in cloud native (AWS preferably) environments. Your role will involve collaborating with cross-functional teams, assessing risks, and implementing policies to ensure compliance with data protection regulations and industry best practices. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a deep understanding of data privacy laws, and has a passion for safeguarding sensitive information.
- Collaborate with legal, security, and engineering teams to define and implement data privacy policies and procedures.
- Implement & setup detection of indicators of compromise, security intrusion technologies and tooling to ensure a fully compliant service.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and propose actionable solutions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of data protection laws, regulations, and industry trends to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Work closely with the legal team to review and update data privacy agreements, ensuring alignment with our company's data practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to review and enhance our operational data privacy policies, especially for employees in different countries.
- Act as a liaison with external partners and customers to address privacy-related inquiries and concerns.
- Lead efforts to respond to third-party audits and reviews, ensuring accurate representation of our data practices.
- Provide guidance and training to internal teams on data privacy best practices.
- Contribute to the development of secure data handling procedures and protocols.