The Very Group
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
We are looking for a Category Assistant to join our Electrical category. You’ll provide commercial support for the Electrical trading category and associated product ranges. We have big plans for the category, with daring growth targets and plans to onboard even more brands to sit alongside some of our big, branded names including Apple, Samsung and Sony.
About the role
- Lead the end-to-end product set up, through to go live and trading.
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required.
- Acts on pricing tools (i.e. revionics) to find matches and make pricing recommendations
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency.
- May be involved in sourcing new suppliers or brands with ownership of range building, through forecasting, trading, and promotional activity.
- Produce ad hoc reports for the wider category.
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Champions what is right for the business, team, and customer.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a one-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.