Straight Edge Technology, Inc.
Experienced Level 3 System Administrator for Managed Service Provider
We need a team member that is excited about working at an MSP...
More specifically, we need a System Administrator that is Humble, Hungry, and Smart!
Do you want to work at a Security focused MSP that is growing, an MSP that has a framework to build processes and follow them? Do you want to work for Professional Clients who also want to improve their network?
Does your current MSP seem disorganized and chaotic? Are you burnt out and working too many hours?
Founded in 2006, Straight Edge Technology is a company committed to excellence and working with purpose. We have a dynamic and challenging environment, one that encourages teamwork and fosters professional growth. Our support team is top notch and looking for a teammate with a great attitude to join the crew to close issues and solve problems.
So, what does a Systems Engineer do?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Do you have what it takes?
Our team of engineers need to respond to detected issues so fast that our clients don't even know they needed our help.
You’ll need strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate about highly technical issues, strong attention to detail and, most importantly, a knock-‘em-dead attitude! We need you to be open to ideas and to bring your own new ideas to the team. We offer a fun, engaging, supportive environment in which your talent can thrive. So, if you’re looking for a place where you can constantly learn more, be more and contribute to a team, this is it.
Does this sound just like you so far? Okay, good. Read on.
Essential Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyzes problems from a systems perspective, isolates to hardware or software issue and carries through to resolution.
- Provides IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications / Azure / Office 365, as well as virtual environments built on Hyper V and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Azure, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop / Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Travels to customer sites to perform work when appropriate (company vehicle provided).
- Maintains familiarity with industry best practices.
- Communicate effectively with customers and the Service Team
- Actively participates in team and company meetings.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support