Shippers Supply, Inc.
Warehouse Associate / Inventory - 1st shift
Are you looking to work for a small growing company with a great culture? We are hiring!
Shippers Supply is a growing packaging solutions company that has been providing customer solutions since 1928. We have an outstanding small company culture of teamwork, fun, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit where YOU can make a difference!
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm
The primary purpose of a Warehouse Associate is to safely, accurately and efficiently perform necessary duties in a distribution warehouse. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. inventory, receiving, stocking, order filling, packaging, shipping,) on a regular basis and maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Receiving: Unload inbound freight using forklift, pallet jack or by hand. Inspect product, document, and record inventory transactions. Work with purchasing department to ensure vendor meets company standards.
- Stocking: Accurately place product in proper locations, record part numbers and quantities in system. Verify location accuracy and update locations as needed. Perform inventory counts as needed.
- Order Fulfillment/ Packaging: Pull products quickly and accurately and prepare orders for shipping; accurately packages product in appropriate quantities and containers, ensure product meets company standards to meet customer requirements
- Shipping: Ensure customer receives correct product according to order specifications within requested timeframe. Accurately process orders based on customer shipping instructions. Contact carriers to schedule shipments> Prepare and print shipping documents. Minimize wait/load times by quickly and accurately loading production on to trucks
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas, racking, aisles and overall warehouse.
- Continually look for ways to improve processes and systems to make them more efficient and effective.
- Comply with quality and safety standards
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Regularly communicate with other internal departments regarding product information, customer requirements or vendor information.
- May assist the production team in production of custom packaging products, including machine operating and assembly as needed