Shippers Supply, Inc.
Shippers Supply is seeking a results driven Accountant to join or team If you are looking to broaden your Accounting & Finance skillset at a growing company where your given variety, visibility and ownership of your role, we might be the perfect fit!
As an independently owned company, we've been providing precision packaging equipment, materials solutions, and supplies throughout the upper Midwest since 1928. We value our customers and strive to find the best-fit solutions to achieve their business goals. As an Accountant, you'll play a critical role in supporting our daily operations and ensuring the accuracy of our Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Collections and General Ledger maintenance. If you're passionate about accounting and want to be part of a results-driven, growing company where you can make a difference, Shippers Supply is the right place for you.
Starting pay- $24.00+/hour
Hybrid Work Environment - 16 hours/week work from home option
- Timely and accurately prepare, post, verify and record customer payments and transactions.
- Create & send customer invoices according to company procedures.
- Identify delinquent accounts and contacts customers for payment.
- Coordinate with other company departments and customers to research discrepancies and perform account reconciliations.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Timely and accurately complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and expense transactions.
- Coordinate with other company departments to research discrepancies and perform account reconciliations.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports & recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling, and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
Data & Reporting
- Ensure timeliness of data entered in the Company financial systems and verify accuracy on a daily basis.
- Reconcile bank statements and company credit cards.
- Prepare documents for audits.
- Review Sales and Use tax filings
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures.
- Maintain and update customer and vendor contacts in ERP system.
- Creates various accounting reports.
Other essential functions
- Continually look for ways to improve processes and systems to make them more efficient and effective.