Sr Machine Learning Engineer (Object Detection & Tracking in Surveillance Video)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
SmartOps is an emerging technology group focused on bridging the physical world with the world of digital actions. We achieve this goal by extracting information from video cameras using edge AI technology and algorithmically trigger actions and workflows based on activity in the physical world. These digital actions eventually manifest as an activity in the physical world. The team is looking for talented machine learning engineers who can take theory to practice and make this vision a success.
Machine learning engineers are expected to find innovative and cost-effective solutions to key problems, deliver high quality code, improve model accuracy and model efficiency.
To be successful in this role you have:
- A master’s degree in computer science with a major in Computer Vision algorithms
- 3+ years of work experience applying computer vision techniques in an industrial use-case scenario.
- Strong in data structures and algorithms, software development skills in Python and C++
- Practical experience with developing and debugging object detection and tracking algorithms in production involving Deepstream or Triton inference engines
- Practical experience with runtimes and execution providers like ONNX, TensorRT, faster transformer for NVIDIA GPUs
- Practical experience in designing/modifying/training one or more of Vision Transformer, YOLO, SSD, GAN, ResNET like models.
- Practical experience in data augmentation methods for object recognition and tracking use-cases
- Strong understanding of AI quality evaluation metrics for object detection and tracking under various scene conditions.
Good to have:
- Strong understanding of model compression via parameter quantization, distillation, and shrinking techniques
- Experience in reading papers and implementing algorithms described in papers
- Knowledge of generative AI architectures for Image-to-Text, diffusion models
- Knowledge of video compression and streaming
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.