Senior Engineering Manager
About Sway :
Sway is a fast-growing, LA-based technology and logistics startup that enables consumers to return online purchases without leaving their home. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by providing a return experience that’s as seamless as the purchase. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- no more printing, boxes and tape! If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of ecommerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Sway is venture-backed by top VCs in LA and NYC, and founders from Allbirds, Warby Parker, Harry’s and thredUP. Our team is made up of scrappy operators, engineers, and marketers from Uber, Lime and Amazon.
Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to build a modern platform to transform how online shoppers handle returns. You’ll be responsible for leading the agile teams who are responsible for architecting, developing, and delivering applications/components that utilize our backend AWS and Google infrastructure as well as mobile apps for IOS and Android. You’re passionate about leading people, innovation and leveraging the latest technologies to push the boundaries of our service. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and drive significant results with multiple teams
- Directing business critical cross functional initiatives in addition to managing a team
- Work closely with the CTO and Senior Engineering team to enhance and extend our serverless backend infrastructure
- As an early engineering team member, you’ll interact with all areas of the codebase and influence major technical decisions
- Own and “shepherd” complex projects from start to finish
- Collaborate, learn, and grow