Senior Vice President, Director, Data Science
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients –some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Senior Vice President of Data Science will oversee our team of Data Scientists and will contribute to the ideation, design, development, and deployment of end-to-end analytics applications and solutions as well as help lead the Data Science practice within the organization. Within the larger Analytics + Technology (A+T) team, this role will collaborate closely with both internal and external client teams to help identify opportunities to create value through better use of data. This will involve understanding client needs, developing data strategies, identifying and proving out the business value of potential opportunities, prototyping client-customized initial proof-of-concept algorithms and statistical models, and finally working with software and data engineers to create and automate production applications.
The applications we create are critical for helping internal teams measure ad effectiveness, getting the right information to clients when they need it, and optimizing media planning and buying. The most important personal qualities for success in this role are intelligence, drive, curiosity, adaptability, learning agility, and taking initiative within an extremely fluid and dynamic environment. Experience within media advertising is a plus.
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams to gain a deep knowledge of business goals and challenges, and then using this knowledge to design and build analytics application prototypes.
- Work with external analytical stakeholders (both internal media teams and external clients) to plan, analyze, and execute against client analytics roadmaps
- Proof-of-concept implementation of advanced statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Design and build models for software application prototypes
- Ability to perform analyses and tests that quantify the business value of an opportunity
- Manage and contribute to the development of Data Scientists at varying stages of their careers
- Provide technical leadership in establishing best practices in initiating, planning, and executing Big Data application development
- Bachelors, Masters, and/or Ph.D. in any quantitative field; 10+ years academic or industry work experience applying data science
- 10+ years of experience as a hands-on Data Scientist with a strong background in machine learning and progressive leadership responsibilities
- Extensive programming experience in Python; SQL, comfortable working in both Windows and *nix environments
- Strong analytical skills with solid foundation in many of the following statistics and machine learning techniques: regression analysis (continuous, categorical, survival, time-series, and count models, etc.); classification (CART, SVM, etc.), clustering (k-means, hierarchical, etc.), and other machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques; experimental design; and forecasting/sensitivity analysis
- Extensive experience with statistical software packages (SAS, Stata, and/or R)
- Strong business judgment
- Ability to rapidly brainstorm and develop testable ideas alone or with teams
- Experience developing and deploying data pipelines to support analytics applications
- Ability to build solutions that integrate with Hadoop, MS SQL Server, Windows Application Server, Tableau Server, and third-party APIs
- Experience with programmatic media and platforms; i.e., SSPs, DSPs, DMPs, etc., a plus
- Previous experience in an agency environment a plus
- Broad knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures a plus
- Experience across the full Big Data Analytics space in hybrid and multi-cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) stack, including DataBricks, Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Flume, Storm, Kafka, etc. a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.