Palo Alto Networks
Sr Principal Data Software Engineer (SASE, Cloud)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
We are seeking an experienced Big Data Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our SASE team. We want passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
At Palo Alto Networks, leaders of engineering are -
- Technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices
- Visionaries who help deliver on critical business needs and are recognized across the company as go-to engineering resources on given domains
- Role models and mentors who exemplify the best of Palo alto Networks culture - They do the right thing even when it’s hard, treat challenges as a chance to learn, and provide honest opinions so the team can improve
- Leaders who can communicate cogently with hands-on engineers as well as executives
- Design, develop and implement highly scalable software features on our next-generation security platform as part of our Prisma Access
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
- M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent military experience required
- 10+ years of development experience
- Experience to developing services in the cloud/Kubernetes
- Experience with building data pipelines and analytics pipelines using like dataflow, pubsub, GKE
- Strong understanding of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience with RESTful interfaces and Build Management tools (Gradle, maven)
- Experience in continuous integration and design
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience with distributed computing and object-oriented design and analysis
- Strong understanding of microservices-based deployments with the ability to design services
- Showcase your ability of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, peer review, and operations
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process)
- Familiarity in Big Data technologies like Hive, Kafka, Hadoop, SQL, developing APIs
- Familiarity working with GCP or other Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
- Enjoys working with many different teams with strong collaboration and communications skills
- Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $144,200/yr to $233,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.