Ocean Casino Resort
Cook II - Avila
About the Role
A Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and company standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by guests and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Ocean Casino Resort HACCP policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to read, convert recipes according to production requirements
- Continuous standing, walking for long periods
- Periodically pushing and pulling heavy carts and lifting products in proper storage areas
- Ability to work in contrasting hot and cold areas
- Lift food items sometimes as heavy as 100 lbs.
- Repetitive heavy lifting