Sr Data Scientist
In 100 countries around the world, NielsenIQ provides clients the most complete understanding of how the FMCG market evolves and what consumers buy. As a global leader in measurement and information, we believe providing our clients a precise understanding of the consumer is the key to making the right decisions -- decisions that can lead to profitable growth. At NielsenIQ, we’re always innovating to keep pace with emerging market trends and the increasingly diverse, demanding and connected consumer.
Being a Sr Data Scientist in the Methods division of the Data Science team, you will play a critical role in developing the next generation of retail measurement solutions we offer our clients, powered by algorithms and AI and leveraging large volumes of internal data, client data and third party data.
You’ll be actively participating with other team members in the overall Product creation process. From ideation through Proof Of Concept and experimenting for methodological development, to output visualization and “Go to Market” strategy, you’ll be learning and exploring the newest technologies & applications for data architecture, and data modelling solutions. You’ll work alongside a group of talented individuals with different areas of expertise including best in class data scientists, product managers, and data collection specialists with the main purpose of accelerating innovation.
- Translate Clients’ requirements to actionable solutions or products
- Ideate and develop solutions for estimating unknown data for the product innovation pipeline.
- Build statistical and analytical models (including ML/AI approaches) as prototypes and POCs to address specific client business needs
- Test and optimize those models. Fine tune parameters and iterate.
- Adapt and plan implementation of these models to current production platform, guiding their iteration with other production processes
- Document the solution and experimentation to arrive to it, and create specifications for Technology team to productionize it
- Evaluating potential solutions’ fit vs product requirements
- Refine and enhance product features
- Maintain data integrity and quality throughout the development lifecycle
- Read, write, comment, maintain, and share legible and quality computer code utilized in prototyping and suctioning.
- Guide other more junior data scientists along the projects
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with requiring outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical background
- 5+ years of experience in data science/analytics related product development and/or data solutions development
- Vast knowledge of statistical and machine learning methodologies: Sampling theory, Probability Theory, Variation analysis, Outlier identification techniques, Regressions, Classification, Time series analysis, Clustering, Monte Carlo simulations, etc.
- Proficient in Python and its most common data science libraries.
- Experience with cloud computing and storage, ETL, experience with Big Data handling (through Spark, Dask, Hadoop or other; e.g. in DataBricks in Azure, AWS etc.), basic administration of a LINUX virtual machine.
- Ability to lead and influence with other functional areas as a team and deliver results on time and per-spec.
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.