Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone…
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
We’re looking for an experienced Network Administrator to join our team at headquarters in Calgary AB. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the design, engineering, operation, security and general troubleshooting of the network infrastructure within Neo’s environment. This is a hands-on fast-paced role in which you will make use of your skills and experience to accomplish the following:
- Fully supporting, configuring, maintaining and upgrading Neo's wireless and general network infrastructure
- Monitoring network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Adhering to and improving corporate standards for network design, device configuration, cabling and labeling
- Assisting with the design of network models whenever needed
- Testing and verifying Internet services
- Working with ISPs
- Troubleshooting network issues in a corporate environment
- Completing network related audit items
- Responding to high priority tickets during off hours
- Supporting end users with any network related issues
- Overseeing operations in three different office locations.
Who we are looking for
- Experienced wireless network administrator capable of configuring, optimizing, and troubleshooting all aspects of wireless networks.
- Experience with the Fortinet network ecosystem including physical and virtual devices and appliances. Other hardware manufacturers is a bonus.
- You understand that networking is a hands-on role and highly versatile with the ability to transition between different tasks seamlessly. Some example tasks include: troubleshooting a recalcitrant network, climbing a ladder to mount a WAP, repairing a severed network cable under a workstation
- You bring cabling experience including experience with CAT5/6, termination/punch down, structured cabling, best practices wiring, house wiring and TIA-568 standards
- You have IP Networking expertise including IP addressing and subnetting, SDWAN, VPN, WLAN, DHCP, NAT/user sessions, DNS, Radius authentication
- You have a general knowledge of IP ports, Internet services, Switching vs routing, TCP/UDP, Console access, SSH, CLI usage, Cloud vs local, POE, Vlans, Public key encryption and certificates, Security best practices and device hardening
- You stay calm and collected under high pressure situations
- You bring two or more years experience as a Network Administrator role
- You adhere to the highest standards of professional conduct and follow best safety practices
- You’re a self-motivated, continuous learner with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- You take ownership of the situation
Working at Neo
At Neo Financial, we're empowering people to accelerate their careers toward hyper-growth and helping them reach their full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work and to bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. Our dynamic and fast-paced environment allows for endless learning and advancement opportunities.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone thrives. We’re a financial institution, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.