Hybrid - 2-3 days onsite
Duration: 12 months
This Engineer role will support all functions inside the Distributed Energy Operations and Maintenance (DEOM) team and will report directly to the Distributed Energy Operations & Maintenance (DEOM) Engineering Manager. The Distributed Energy Operations and Maintenance team currently has multiple energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities in various stages of the project lifecycle. DEOM currently monitors and operates 10 Energy Storage Sites and 26 small solar sites. This role will support the 100+ facilities that are anticipated to be on-line in the next 5-10 years.
• Provide support for the initiation of DER projects including design and site reviews for project feasibility. Support contract development efforts with internal and external stakeholders for the design and installation of DER facilities including the development of RFP documentation, creation of design basis documentation, review of all contractual exhibits, and the evaluation of bid documentation.
• Work with internal engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve contractual documentation, standards development, and the operation of energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities.
• Create in-depth technical designs for the energy storage, solar, and microgrid design packages. Develop protection settings for grid connected DERs and stand-alone microgrids utilizing inverter-based resources.
• Create and modify specifications and requirements related to the operation and maintenance of DER equipment.
• Perform detailed review of project design documents for conformance with the company and Industry Standards, including but not limited to NFPA and IEEE standards.
• Provide support and review of documentation associated with the procurement of all materials needed for the design and build of DER facilities.
• Perform on-site review and quality assurance checks of installation and construction of equipment within DER facilities to ensure compliance with company and Industry Standards. Note areas that require modifications due to non-conformance and provide recommendations to obtain adherence.
• Execute the testing and commissioning of site protective functions including relaying, control and instrumentation equipment. Review documentation and support activities related to Medium Voltage equipment testing and commissioning.
• Provide operational and maintenance support by analyzing event files and providing data trends to communicate the root cause of equipment or operational failures. Provide engineering support between DEOM and Distribution Control Centers (DCCs) in all company jurisdictions for DER and Microgrid facilities.
• Maintain and review as-built documentation to validate conformance with company and Industry standards and requirements.
• Coaches and mentors other engineering and non-degreed engineering professionals.
• Participate in weekly discussions with clients, team leaders, project managers, and internal stakeholders to discuss the milestone progress and supporting information to monitor project progress.
• Coordinate and manage all project scope necessary for DER projects to reached Placed in Service (e.g., Telecom design, Control System integration, Customer Delivery design activities, Transmission / Distribution circuit upgrades, etc.)
• Support Preventative and Corrective maintenance activities or participate in RCA’s as requested.
• Become proficient with the Greensmith Energy Management System (GEMS) software and be willing to teach/train other potential users.