Moodle Developer - Moodle US
Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customizable open source learning management platform used by over 250 million learners worldwide. Developed in conjunction with our community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customizations and support. We also teach and support educators to create effective online learning experiences and share open education resources. Collectively, we empower educators to improve our world.
Moodle US, a newly formed US-based services division of Moodle Pty, provides services in learning design, implementation support, training, hosting, custom development, and support for Moodle LMS, Moodle Workplace, as well as other Moodle products.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
Find out more about us on our website.
What your new role can look like…
Working within the Moodle US Development team, the Developer (Moodle) works closely with Project Managers and Clients to complete various development tasks. They will work in small teams or independently, using agile processes, to deliver custom developments to meet client needs. They will create and maintain both user and client documentation, maintain project tickets, and attend regular meetings. Please note, this role requires US citizenship due to government contract requirements, and willingness/ability to get security clearance.
With the pace of Moodle, no two days will ever be the same!
- Write automated (unit, behat) and manual tests (QA), perform accessibility tests (e.g. screen readers)
- Review code according to the Moodle coding guidelines and provide constructive feedback
- Test integrated code and perform QA testing
- Write developer and user documentation
- Maintain issue tickets on a regular basis
- Follow internal development processes
- Work with Project managers to help estimate project development effort
- Pro-actively participate in multiple teams
- Self-organize, take initiative
- Be solutions focused, willing to share and accept ideas
- Manage workloads to meet tight deadlines and prioritize your work
- Lead simple projects and take on major projects
- Upskill and mentor other developers
- At times, may need to work embedded with client teams
- Work with account managers to ensure projects are properly scoped and described
- Work directly with clients to ensure expectations and progress are properly maintained
- Communicate technical concepts to non technical stakeholders
- Work with Moodle LMS and Workplace teams to relay client requests as needed
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of different technical solutions and explain them
- Understand and keep up to date with industry wide software development best practice
- Excellent communication skills in English language