Martin Automotive Group
Martin Automotive Group is looking for a Service Manager to join our team at our Subaru of Ontario location! Our continued success and future growth is attributed to our employees. Our dealership group is a leader in the automotive industry, that has developed into one of the most successful and respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
- Establish forecast goals and objectives for the department and develop plans to meet them.
- Coordinate and administer an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Direct and schedule all activities of the service department employees.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc. Complete OSHA training and ensure OSHA training completion by department employees.
- Provide technical assistance to service department employees when needed.
- Conduct monthly meeting with service department employees.
- Monitor service technician’s payroll records and establish competitive compensation plans for service department employees.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serve as liaison with factory representatives. Completion of manufacturer meeting notes.
- Marketing of service department through all available channels.
- Provide accurate estimates and explain those estimates to customers regarding costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Follow up with customers on unsold repairs.
- Keep abreast of new equipment tools and systems available and recommend purchases. Monitor the location and care of shop tools.
- Perform quality checks on completed repairs.
- Establish and maintain paper service history files (customer, warranty and internal) by VIN on all work performed.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are clean and comfortable.
- Control the performance of the department through comeback reports, warranty reports, monthly forecasts, etc.
- Collect accounts receivable for service work.
- Follow up with parts department on part orders to ensure parts availability.
- Maintain and safeguard company assets (i.e. vehicles and equipment).
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.