Hello Sunshine is a media brand and content company dedicated to female authorship and storytelling across all platforms. Hello Sunshine is producing feature films, television shows as well as unscripted series, audio storytelling and social series under the Hello Sunshine brand. It is also the home for Reese’s Book Club, a fast-growing social book club in reach and influence. All of Hello Sunshine’s efforts all anchored by a singular mission: to change the narrative for women.
Hello Sunshine is seeking a highly organized and technically proficient Accounting Manager to join our team. In this role, you will help organize and oversee our financial close and reporting for all of our reporting units and business initiatives. The ideal candidate is an energized, organized and solutions-oriented individual with an enthusiasm to join a fast-paced, high growth and execution-oriented organization. This position will report to Hello Sunshine’s Assistant Controller.
What You Will Do
- Manage the preparation and review of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations, including preparation of variance analyses
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated monthly financials and management reporting packages
- Maintain general ledger structure, continuously optimizing accounting processes
- Assess, research and document appropriate US GAAP treatment for various transactions within the business
- Supervise Accounts Payable and ensure third party billing is up to date, experience with Tipalti is a plus
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure complete and accurate accounting
- Assist with the preparation of documents for the annual financial statement audit
- Review existing processes and systems to identify improvement opportunities to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
- Contribute to financial system enhancements and implementation projects