Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager
This is a fully and permanently remote work from home opportunity with a growing and stable company available in select states across the US: AZ, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MI, MN, NC, NE, TX, UT, VA
The wage for this position is between $85,000 - $100,000 annually
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $5B of funding to use, helping launch over 20,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along
Connection: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity
Diversity: You encourage diversity, equity and inclusion. You help empower our community and foster an environment that encourages different perspectives and values each team member's individual experiences
The Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of Guidant’s Information Technology (IT) department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. They lead a small team that develops and implements networks and servers, responds to user help desk requests, and monitors system stability and performance. The IT Operations Manager provides guidance and leadership to the IT department and its technicians, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
The IT Operations Manager is the head of data security, ensuring their team follows best in class practices for protection of Guidant and client data, preventing malware and phishing attacks and educating employees on the importance of cyber security. This role will oversee the regular evolution and maintenance of cybersecurity countermeasures and adherence to security protocols and processes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage technical resources who monitor Guidant’s servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
- Manage hardware lifecycle, including budgeting for hardware, infrastructure and non-departmental SaaS products. Maintain an effective backup disaster recovery and business continuance plan.
- Direct the activities of helpdesk technicians, both to directly support end users and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives. Assess current department needs and help desk inquiries and assign personnel to resolve each issue. Maintain emergency / afterhours support schedule. Hire, train, develop and mentor helpdesk technicians.
- Provide direct user support by handling help desk or service desk escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue, the IT Operations Manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem.
- Manage or approve technology related purchases, including selecting and negotiating contracts with IT service providers. Assess department and business needs related to equipment and services and present them to vendors. Manage Requests for Proposal for any large technology implementations.
- Maintain IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably.
- Author and edit security and technology sections of Guidant’s employee handbook.
- Advise leadership on current issues in information technology and emerging technologies as they relate to the business.
- Work with leadership to plan, communicate and execute enterprise-level deployments.
- Execute system upgrades and associated data migrations. Provide best practices to continuously improve the upgrade process, monitor the system to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
- Continuously improve the service environment through the evaluation and implementation of industry best practices, benchmark analysis and metrics.
- Perform other duties as required