Speech Language Pathologist - 3,000 Dollar Sign-On Bonus
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every child to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face.
Gersh Academy is seeking a smart and energetic Speech and Language Pathologist to provide speech therapy support to children ages 5-21. The Speech Pathologist will regularly collaborate with other disciplines and services at departmental and system levels. Speech Pathologist is expected to independently review outcomes and modify intervention programs. Clinical reasoning and professional judgment are essential, and the ideal candidate will have experience with screening, evaluation, educational program and transition planning, and therapeutic intervention for students with disabilities.
Speech Language Pathologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Speech and Language pathologists will promote optimal function and engagement in meaningful activities.
- They will provide support to families, and collaborate with other disciplines, as needed in order to address goals and objectives as indicated in each student's IFSP or IEP.
- Provide speech and language therapy/evaluations for language, auditory processing disorder, articulation, and voice fluency
- Work with children who have autism
- Utilize behavior management techniques
- Write evaluations and progress reports
- Consult and collaborate with parents, schoolteachers, and fellow colleagues
- In compliance with state and local requirements, each therapist will be responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation regarding student services and subsequent needs
*Please note all the above are the responsibilities of the role, however the role is not limited to only the above*