Inventory Control Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for scheduling the usage of production materials to ensure optimal levels. The Specialist must evaluate suppliers or quality and timeliness and match them according to goals. They also monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage that may arise.
SKILLS, TRAITS, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and change the course of action quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as be willing to follow directions and best practices
- Collaborative. Demonstrates a desire and ability to work well within a team
- Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Exercises professional maturity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Forklift certification
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, oversee, and plan every activity that relates to inventory control in the organization or warehouse environment across multiple sites.
- Ensure all items in the warehouse are appropriately received and stored.
- Compile inventory information and present it to management for effective decision making, which may include the need for restock, and so on.
- Review balance of inventory and count the items in stock.
- Initiate policy changes regarding inventory in the company.
- Investigate hitches in the warehouse inventory system and execute necessary improvements towards better business performance, which centers on customer satisfaction.
- Perform managerial functions, including retraining members of the warehouse staff if necessary.
- Review production inputs and outputs and ensure it's properly accounted for through the manufacturing process.
- Schedule and complete cycle counts and conduct comparisons with stock count sheets.
- Work with accounting on all adjustments and inventory issues, and complete all inventory investigations.
- Conduct year end inventories across multiple sites.
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives, etc.)
- Manage raw material master data in variety of systems to ensure accuracy and data quality
- Automate reporting and enhance business processes to improve planning efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage analytical reporting and dashboards that proactively identify risks and resolutions
- Monitor data input to any Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system or IT system for accuracy and resolve any issues as required
- Reviews data integrity for the Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Track Inventory Trends and Monitor Inventory against agreed upon target levels, making recommendations based on findings and analysis
- Communicate with stakeholders sharing reports, updates, and analysis to aid in decision making
- Collaborate with production, operations, quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned