SEO Data Engineer | Data & Engineering Team
We are pioneers at heart. What this means, is that we are always leaning forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 20+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in yo, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
As a SEO Data Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to support the DEPT® SEO team by overseeing the technology infrastructure that drives both our in-house and client-facing tools. Additionally, you'll assist in handling client-specific requests that involve leveraging various APIs to gather and integrate data into our team's database. Furthermore, you'll play a crucial role in regularly evaluating our current tech stack choices, scrutinizing them from operational, security, and cost perspectives.
Must be located in one of the following states: CA, CO, IL, MA, ME, NH, OH, OR, TX, UT, WA
- Overseeing the BigQuery database and pipeline orchestration for the DEPT® SEO team using the Dataform platform.
- Managing and optimizing the current technology stack supporting SEO team operations, which includes GCP services like Compute Engine, Cloud Logging, Firebase, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Scheduler.
- Demonstrating a commitment to clean coding and adherence to best practices.
- Managing various Python applications, including an ETL tool running on App Engine and a Google Sheet loader running on Cloud Run.
- Collaborating with the VP of SEO to conceptualize and implement new technology solutions.
- Driving the creation and management of templated dashboards using Looker Studio, leveraging backend automations to streamline the process.
- Leading implementation of client-specific requests, which could include tasks such as utilizing APIs to extract and store data in BigQuery, fulfilling specialized data requirements through Dataform pipelines, and addressing other customized requests as needed.
- Playing an active role in the design and implementation of innovative technology solutions for the SEO team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2+ years of production level experience in a data engineering role.
- Strong skills in Python and SQL demonstrated through real-life projects required
- Proficiency in working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (required), with a preference for expertise in the following GCP services: BigQuery, Dataform, Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, App Engine, Pub/Sub, Cloud Monitoring & Logging, Firebase, and Datastore.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining end-to-end analytics and reporting systems.
NICE TO HAVE
- Hands-on experience with Looker Studio.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. Here is a snapshot of our benefits package:
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k plan, plus matching
- Paid Company Holidays
- Parental Leave
The anticipated salary range for this position is $80,000 - $115,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, expertise, and organizational impact. This is based on a 40-hour workweek and leveling. Keep in mind, we’re flexible.
WE SUPPORT YOU BEING YOU:
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We believe our work is its best when our people feel safe and free to be themselves. We’re committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace, regardless of anyone’s identity, background, beliefs, lifestyle or disabilities. So tell us about any accommodations you need. It’s totally confidential and only used to make sure you feel fully supported at every step.
DEPT® participates in E-Verify, meaning your Form I-9 information will be sent to the federal government to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We are a B Corp-certified company passionate about purpose-driven work. Our hope is that you can feel good about the contributions DEPT® is making to the world and we always have an open door for your ideas in making the world a better place.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.