Director - Data Science (AI solutions)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Integrated Solutions / Analytics team at Merkle is a fast-growing team of experts who apply rigorous modern analytics to help our clients assess and solve many challenges. We combine our deep analytical heritage, platform knowledge, cross channel expertise and expert business acumen with the latest technologies to increase performance.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a background in building Generative AI solutions to join our dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of AI and lead groundbreaking solutions in diverse domains.
- You will Design, develop, and implement the latest generative models using deep learning techniques to enhance customer experiences and drive marketing effectiveness.
- You will collaborate with many teams, including marketing professionals, data engineers, and product managers, to understand business goals and define project requirements.
- You will conduct exploratory data analysis and preprocessing to ensure the highest quality input data for training generative models.
- Train, fine-tune, and validate generative models on diverse datasets representing customer preferences and behaviors.
- Optimize and improve on existing models to improve performance, scalability, and efficiency.
- You will evaluate and benchmark generative models against KPI's, comparing them to industry best practices.
- You stay up to date with the latest research and advancements in generative AI and propose solutions to grow customer engagement and improve marketing strategies.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior data scientists, encouraging a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience (3+ years) as a Data Scientist, with a focus on building Generative AI solutions.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of deep learning architectures.
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks (such as TensorFlow, PyTorch) and libraries (such as Keras, scikit-learn).
- 5 to 7+ years programming skills in Python, with experience in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
- Mathematical and statistical background, with expertise in probability theory and optimization techniques.
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Spark) is desirable.
- Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- Publications or contributions to the field of Generative AI preferred.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of AI and have a deep understanding of Generative AI techniques, we invite you to join our team and contribute to our mission of transforming industries through groundbreaking solutions. Apply now and be part of our exciting journey towards innovation.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $136,000-$219,650. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com. #LI-AG1 #LI-Remote
Dentsu is the network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities in the sustainable economy. Taking a people-centered approach to business transformation, dentsu combines Japanese innovation with a diverse, global perspective to drive client growth and to shape society www.dentsu.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the Company) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact your recruiter if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.