Area Sales Manager
Congo Brands is at the epicenter of where consumer demand meets product development. Through brand partnerships with lead influencers, we are afforded an inside look at what consumers truly desire. E-commerce becomes the laboratory for consumer feedback and serves as a data pool for future retail endeavors.
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will manage a team of Field Sales Managers (FSM) and Brand Execution Reps (BER). The ASM will also manage distributor business results in their respective territory and be responsible for the success of the company in that respective territory.
- Lead team of FSM(s) toward maximizing the sale and distribution of all company products in the assigned region through the establishment and appropriate execution of local and national sales programs.
- Lead team of BER(s) toward maximizing the sale and distribution of all company products in the assigned region, specifically within 7 Eleven, through the establishment and appropriate execution of the national program
- Develop and ensure the execution of national and regional account strategies for all company products and achieve sales, profit, and market share objectives for all national and regional accounts and/or programs
- Develop, manage and/or maximize partnerships to drive improved performance
- Use objective tools, information, and feedback to establish region and area performance goals and results
- Conduct business performance reviews with distributors to track, monitor, and adjust efforts and produce desired outcomes in all key business segments.
- Ensure team executes on designed programs within National and Regional IRi reporting chains.
- Set, communicate, and manage performance expectations, monitor, and appraise employee job results and performance in order to develop, counsel or provide corrective action.
- Ensure the Sales Team understands and adheres to company standards and operating procedures.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Outstanding sales experience and track record in CPG industry (Beverage Preferred)
- Distributor and Supplier experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience displaying dynamic leadership skills to manage and motivate third party sales teams preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s License
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 50% Travel
- This position requires a clean driving record and authorization to obtain your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) upon receiving and accepting a job offer
Compensation and Benefits Details
- PTO and paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee rewards program