Data Engineer (Hybrid) - Python/Java/Kibana/ElasticSearch/JSON/Kafka
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software is looking for a talented Data Engineer to support the acquisition of mission critical and mission support data sets. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting cyber and/or network related missions within the military spaces, as either a developer, analyst or engineer. Must be willing to work in a hybrid role with a great team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will have worked with big data systems, complex structured and unstructured data sets, and have supported government data acquisition, analysis, and/or sharing efforts in the past.
- To excel in the position, the candidate shall have a strong attention to detail, be able to understand technical complexities, and have the willingness to learn and adapt to the situation.
- The candidate will work both independently and as part of a large team to accomplish client objectives.
- A current Secret level security clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
- 9 years experience as a developer, analyst, or engineer with a Bachelors in related field; OR 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Proficiency with acquisition and understanding of network data and the associated metadata.
- Fluency with data extraction, translation, and loading including data prep and labeling to enable data analytics.
- Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with various log formats such as JSON, XML, and others.
- Experience with data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, and AWS S3 and SQS solutions).
- Ability to decompose technical problems and troubleshoot system and dataflow issues.
- Must be able to work on-site in a hybrid role with a great team.
- Experience with NOSQL databases such as Accumulo desired
- Prior Experience supporting cyber and/or network security operations within a large enterprise, as either an analyst, engineer, architect, or developer.
This position is open for direct hires only. We will not consider candidates from third party staffing/recruiting firms.
- Annual Salary: $125,000 - $250,000 (Depends on the years of experience)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D