IT Senior Architect, Business Intelligence & Analytics
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Senior Architect to join our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for successful delivery of key projects and initiatives in Billing Systems area in Finance and Corporate Technology portfolio and will take end to end ownership and responsibility for making it happen. This role requires a love of learning and problem solving, and the ability to guide a team towards implementing architectures and solutions.
As IT Senior Architect, Business Intelligence & Analytics, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive delivery of Billing Systems using SAP BRIM platform and/or Third-Party Vendor Billing systems
- Implement new products and bundles support in the Billing systems
- Drive migration of legacy products and bundles and the billing data and systems from legacy source systems to strategic target systems
- Technical delivery management
- Coordinate and drive the delivery across IT and Business partners in a multi-vendor environment through the SDLC – requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Hands-on involvement as needed in all areas of SDLC – troubleshooting, debugging, verification and testing, production monitoring and performance analysis
- Generate reports and analytics to support business and IT requirements
- Track and manage IT KPIs and OKRs; leverage the larger delivery ecosystem to drive target achievement
- Generating reports and metrics for IT and business reviews, preparing updates for executive leadership
- Engage with IT, Business and Delivery Vendors to set up the overall delivery structure, Product Owner, Scrum teams and drive the backlog creation and delivery management
- Drive and implement the good practices in Industry on Delivery, documentation, validation, signoff procedures and artifacts working closely with the ecosystem consisting of IT and Business and Delivery Vendors
- Work closely with senior management, analyzing long-term business goals and suggesting ways the organization might achieve these goals with technology
- Influence, negotiate, build consensus, and align with peer engineering, product, business teams and vendor partners on solutioning and implementation
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack cutting edge
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering and related disciplines with at least 6 years of hands-on Industry experience in the following areas.
- Experience in driving large enterprise projects and programs end to end including requirements, architecture, design, development, deployment and support of enterprise systems and applications in a highly scalable and high performing environment involving mobile, web, server and databases in cloud ecosystem
- Experience in telecom and Billing and mediation systems – design, architecture, and delivery.
- Experience in one of the cloud technologies – Azure, GCP, AWS
- Experience building queries in SQL, delivery management of high-performance scalable database environment
- Experience in managing and driving software systems delivery end to end through the SDLC - requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment
- Experience in Jira and SharePoint
- Experience in Office 360 suite - Excel, Visio and Powerpoint
- Experience in full stack development – web, server, databases in cloud environments
- Proven experience driving delivery in a multi-vendor, multi organizational environment across IT and Business, multiple time zones
- Good communication skills, ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Integration and configuration of ERP Systems – SAP S4/HANA, BRIM and RAR modules in SAP.
- Experience in driving implementation and architecting billing solution on SAP BRIM across the SAP components – Subscription Order Enterprise Architect, Convergent Mediation, Convergent Charging, Convergent Invoicing, Payments, FICA and GL accounting.
- Experience in working on Wholesale and Enterprise Billing systems
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
At Brightspeed, we have roles that are designated as remote, hybrid, office or field-based, depending on the position, business needs and individual circumstances. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and we prioritize hiring talent in the Charlotte area, whenever possible, to make it a truly vibrant destination for our hybrid workforce. We also invest in technology that enables our entire team to stay connected. Why? Because Brightspeed recognizes the value of finding the best talent for the job, wherever they may be.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. Brightspeed offers a comprehensive benefit program, including competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; an employee assistance program; a 401K plan with company match and a host of voluntary benefits.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: