Human Resources Officer
As an HR Officer at Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, you’ll support a team that drives extraordinary results behind the scenes to ensure our employees enjoy just as many memorable moments as our guests. Whether it’s human resources strategy, recruitment, or learning and development, you contribute to an outstanding company culture, which in turn, translates to exquisite guest experiences. If you’re looking to develop your skills and be part of the future of luxury, this is your moment.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Supporting the HR strategy by identifying human resource needs, anticipating future requirements, and creating effective policies
- Recruiting and selecting top tier candidates for all positions within the hotel, as well as making recommendations for hiring decisions
- Facilitating employee onboarding and orientation to ensure compliance of all legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing performance, employee relations, and engagement through conflict management, open communication, and team-building initiatives.
- Responsible for Human Resources administration which involves the administration of Employee birthday cards, long service milestone letters, filing etc.
- Maintain and monitor the most current labour management system in place, which includes reporting, manging labour standards, forecasting etc. to ensure best use of the system and productivity in the Company. Communicate reports weekly as required with the Human Resources Director, General Manager and relevant Heads of Departments.
- Manage the YMTD nomination and voting process.
- Responsible for maintaining the Employee notice boards to ensure accurate and up to date information is displayed.
- Responsible for monthly Health and Safety reporting.
- Responsible for investigating all staff transport queries and providing Employees with feedback.
- Responsible for conducting probationary reviews and exit interviews.
- Assist with daily Human Resources related queries from Employees.
- Ensure all relevant Employee concerns, queries, or issues you become of aware of, are timeously shared with the relevant member of the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for logging Injury on duty claims and the correct processing thereof.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and administration of L&D initiatives as required.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of all Employee welfare initiatives.
- Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Fully manage the Housekeeping recruitment process, interview, and shortlist applicants. Compile successful candidate’s employment contracts and supporting paperwork.
- With the support of the Senior Human Resources Officer, fully manage the investigation and industrial relations processes.
- Manage the ordering and issuing of uniforms for all Employee’s and maintain accurate records of stock.