Australian Red Cross Lifeblood
Head of Data Governance
- Partner with senior leaders across all business units to maximise value extracted from data assets at Lifeblood
- Permanent full-time position
- Melbourne based role with WFH flexibility
Discover life-giving possibilities
Lifeblood is more than just a job or a career, it is an opportunity to be part of something that matters. As an organisation, our purpose is simple: to give life. Together, we want to help you build a fulfilling career with Lifeblood.
About the role
We’re looking for our next Head of Data Governance to partner with Senior Leaders, Data Stewards, Data Citizens, and ICT to support Lifeblood in maximising the value we extract from our data assets. You will do this through building capability in data governance, literacy, and data management practices, and supporting Lifeblood’s data governance operating model and data management strategy initiatives.
The role supports the roll out of Lifeblood’s data management roadmap, which has a strong focus on maturing the organisation’s data governance capabilities. The role will also lead several data governance initiatives including coordinating the data management roadmap delivery and engagement with data stewards, data owners, data engineers and data analysts across the business. While the accountability of data governance resides within the organisation, this role is responsible for promoting, contributing to and supporting that function, and provides support to the organisation’s Data Governance Committee.
Sound interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years' experience in Data Governance, including the management, promotion, and implementation of a Data Governance Operating Model
- Experience in applying Data Management Frameworks including DMBOKv2
- Experience with the technical aspects of data governance such as metadata management, workflow automation and data catalogues
- Experience leading engagement with senior stakeholders to understand strategic challenges and proactively recommend intelligent data governance strategies to solve complex problems
- Experience with Data Retention, Sentencing and Archiving regimes and PII and PHI data
- Strong stakeholder management experience to ensure data is being utilised and processes are documented correctly
- A curious and self-motivated person with a passion for challenging the status quo and driving positive change
- Excellent data analysis skills e.g. data classification, manipulation and problem identification
- Extensive business analysis experience with understanding of data quality and data protection / privacy management practices and an appreciation of all aspects of compliance and operational risk
- Experience in developing data literacy uplift, data policy implementation, data ownership, stewardship, and business metadata.
This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Chief Data Officer. It is a Melbourne based position with work from home flexibility. We may be flexible on location for the right candidate.
Thrive in a diverse culture that cares for your wellbeing
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch. We’re proud to foster an environment where all people can come together to achieve their very best. Whether it’s workplace safety or work/life balance, we look after our employees’ varying needs. As part of the Lifeblood team, you’ll have access to a generous salary packaging program, plus a great range of rewards like discounts on insurance, groceries, food & beverage, department stores, travel, and more.
Excited to join us? Apply now and discover a career filled with life-giving possibilities.
When it comes to recruitment we like to move fast, this means we progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we can.
You’ll hear from us with an outcome after your application has been reviewed and assessed.
If you require reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
For further details on this position, please contact Tayler Dobbs on [email protected]
**Please note we cannot accept applications via email. Please apply online if interested.
This vacancy is being managed directly by Lifeblood’s Talent Engagement team. We won’t accept candidates from external recruitment agencies on this occasion.