1915 South / Ashley
Master Furniture Craftsman
MASTER FURNITURE CRAFTSMAN
Join our winning team at 1915 South as a Master Furniture Craftsman. 1915 South owns and operates 28 Ashley stores and 4 distribution centers across the southeast. If you want to take your career to a new level of professional success with the #1 Furniture Brand in the world, complete an application with us today!
Why 1915 South?
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus plan
Benefits: Provide for yourself and your family with our competitive benefit programs. We offer health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Paid Time Off: Paid vacation and sick leave
Retirement: 401K retirement savings plan with a company match
Tuition: College tuition assistance at Thomas University
Employee Discounts: Employees are provided with generous furniture discounts!
Long-Term Career Opportunities: Many of our company leaders at 1915 South were promoted from within our own company. When you start at 1915 South, you are not just creating your next job but beginning your new career.
*MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST AND A BACKGROUND CHECK*
- Identify repairable items and repair furniture that involve woodworking, burn-in techniques, refinishing, color matching, spray misting and Bondo repairs
- Refurbishing all types of furniture
- Primary focus on furniture returned to the distribution center – could be required to perform in-home repairs as needed
- The ability to oversee and train other levels of technicians.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Required experience in furniture repair.
- Expert level of knowledge in woodworking, leather upholstery, and paint/stain color matching
- Preferred experience with air painting systems
- 21+ years of age and a clean driving record
- Ability to carry/lift/push/pull weights up to 75 lbs. individually or 150 lbs. as part of a team
- A paid practical will be required to demonstrate your skill sets during an in-person interview before the initial hire.
This policy aims to define the Master Furniture Craftsman position and measure their expertise into four levels to develop standards in the department, professional development, earning potential, and establish a clear organizational structure that can help employees know where they fit and can grow within the company.